Tuesday, April 18, 2006

Alive and Kicking....

Ok...so I don't have long (try not to make that sigh of relief audible...) but I wanted to check in and let you know about my awesome weekend. Easter is so cool, and I had a great time with everyone.

Thursday afternoon I spent some time at Mrs. Pinkley's. Her husband died in October, and after the initial rush of helpful people, I think she's a bit lonely. So mom and I kept her company for a bit and then invited her to have Easter with us. She is such a dear.

We got in a great game of Frisbee Friday afternoon...ended by some rocking Uno and a nacho cheese war with Matt...hehe...never a dull moment. It was a BEAUTIFUL weekend for the most part, although we had some very brief but severe storms as well. When I came home from work Thursday night there was a huge lightning storm...no rain...just electricity lighting up the whole world in an eerie gray light. It was incredible...I sat on the deck into the wee hours of the morning marveling at the power of God as shown in creation...that is until the tornado sirens drove me indoors.

Friday night was our good friday service at riverside. This type of service, very solemn and reflective was different for this congregation...but I love a dark service to reflect on the death before the joy of ressurection morning. How can we appreciate the joy fully without first contemplating the death?? Later that evening, we experienced a new game at Walmart...my super competitive friends and I spent the better part of 2 hours running around and looking for obscure items...ask if you want the details...it was awesome fun! We enjoyed a good girls morning on Saturday at a shower for Andrea Kneezel...it was wonderfully fun. She is amazing. Sunday was good as always...great service, amazing food at Kneezels, and time to hang with my college buddies as well as several additions from Cedarville. I also got to do an egg hunt for the first time since I was in like junior high. Why did we let that tradition go?

In short...I'm still here...still alive and kicking. But more than that, I've experienced a renewal of the promise for EVERLASTING life. That's a term I've grown up with...one that I have memorized, quoted, and glued to my forehead since I was a kid. And sure enough...I've lost it's meaning somewhere in the mix. That's why I love Easter so much. It's a powerful reminder of the most basic principles of our faith...it's a joy fest, the most tangible expression of perfect love, and a chance to praise God for his victory over sin and death.

Christ the Lord is Risen Today, Alleluiah
Sons of men and angels say "Alleluiah"
Raise your joys and triumphs high, Alleluiah
Sing ye heavens and earth reply, Alleluiah
Lives again our glorious king, alleluiah
Where oh death is now thy sting? Alleluiah!
Once he died our souls to save Alleluiah
Where's thy victory oh grave? Alleluiah!
Soar we now where christ has lead, Alleluiah
Following our exaulted head, Alleluiah
Made like Him, like Him we rise Alleluiah
Ours the cross, the grave, the skies, alleluiah!!!
Today campus is alive with spring energy, the trees are flowering white and purple, and the whole place is covered with lush green grass. A little reflection, a lasting reminder of the blessing and gift of life!! I'm off to class...have a good one...

1 comment:

Andrew said...

Ours the cross, the grave, the skies.

Hmmm...pondering....tucking away.....I like the skies more than the cross and grave, but there is no resurrection without first death.

Allelujah indeed!