Wednesday, May 17, 2006

When "the flip side" becomes "this side"...

Umm…ok…I’m here…

Not in the middle of finals
Not trying to pull off concerts every other day
Not struggling through hours of reading
Not writing papers like it’s my job and I’m paid a million dollars a day.

Nope…none of that…zilch, nada, goose eggs. Suddenly, wonderfully, my entire schedule has changed, my personality is totally different, I spend my time in totally different ways, and I’m focused on new people and places. I’m not bipolar. It’s just that “the flip side” has become “this side.” For months I’ve been telling people… “I’m so sorry, I’ll do better at _______ once school gets over,” “I can’t think about that until _______ is over!!” and “No one needs sleep!! Ahh…I’ll get some on at the other end of the tunnel.”

Well my friends, the end of the tunnel is here…and I can’t deny it, I’m feeling the wind and the sunshine like never before. Hooray!! Praise the Lord!! Grades aren’t all in yet, but so far so good…and honestly I can’t do anything about it now so I don’t really care.

So far my break has been good…not exactly restful, but different, which feels great. After my last final on Saturday, we attended Lauren Burrises’ wedding…that was awesome, although I was caught a little off guard when I looked over during the ceremony and Mom was taking notes in the program. Notes for what? I shouldn’t have asked…can someone please tell my mom that it’s really gonna be a while?? Perhaps I should remind her that I don’t even have a boyfriend. Haha…no, it’s great to have a mom who’s prepared. No doubt she’ll be ready at the drop of a hat. I enjoyed getting to help at the reception and seeing everyone home. Sunday afternoon we had the Yurchak clan (Gaggle? Flock? Herd?) over for lunch…it’s sad that we only get to see them once every few years, but awesome how we pick up when we get back together. Katie ended up staying for a few hours longer, and she’s AMAZING. I think we have a lot in common and I enjoyed her crazy-fun personality (yay for giving each other crash courses of our year, crazy Walmart parking lot pictures, and peanut butter cookies).

This week I’ve caught up on sleep a little, been helping around the house (something I completely failed at for the last few months), and am trying to help the Bosticks out on their move. They have a beautiful new house and I’m loving moving boxes and “stuff” to all corners of it. So, now I'm off again to another day of everything but not the same everything as before. Summer is finally here!! Love you all...

1 comment:

Justin said...

Isnt life gr8 without school no nothing just sit back and relax yup have a nice summer