Wednesday, June 22, 2005

a message for me from me

Just a quick check in...I very well may not see you all for a while...on thursday morning we head for the east coast to see Williamsburg and Washington DC. Very excited about that...please pray for strength as I still haven't caught up on all my sleep. I will miss you, e-mail me a little, OK?

For those of you who feel like you are fighting an uphill battle lately, be encouraged by these verses that I was given this morning. Paul understood the fact that our walk as Christians was not meant to be a temporary battle followed by a "good streak"...we are soldiers for Christ fighting not just battles but a war. My own battles have been overwhelming lately, leaving me confused, frustrated, confronted with truths about myself (always the hardest to hear), and worn out. But this is the Christian's job description...the conflict that is...my prayer for myself is that I learn to rid my mind of the frustration and allow myself to face trouble with lifted spirits. I know that my attonement is made and working...it is not just a future promise. As you continue to follow Him, take heart in his promise to never forsake us when we fail. Blessings on you all.

"You then, my son, be strong in the grace that is in Christ Jesus...Endure hardship wiht us like a good soldier of Christ Jesus. No one serving as a soldier gets involved in civilian affairs--he wants to please his commanding officer...Remember Jesus, raised from the dead, descended from David. This is my gospel, for which I am suffering even to the point of being chained like a criminal. But God's word is not chained. Therefore I endure every hardship for the sake of the elect, that they too may obtain the salvation that is in Christ Jesus, with eternal glory. Here is a trustworthy saying:

'If we died with him, we will also live with him
If we endure, we will also reign with him
if we disown him, he will disown us
if we are faithless, he will remain faithful, for he cannot disown himself'"

2 Tim. 2:1-13

Boy...maybe I'd better send this again...

No comments: