Saturday, June 21, 2008

Awakening

Yes...its true...I'm still waking up from travel fog. This morning it took me a good 3 minutes to realize that the pounding on my door was from outside...that it was morning time...that the pounding was a knock from my team leader...and that I was supposed to get UP and answer it. :)

From beneath my mosquito netting and horizontal for the first time in 2 days, needless to say I was hard to arouse.

But beyond me awakening to my brain functions, I'm amazed again at how I'm awakening to the world, to myself, and to why God might have put me here as I drive around the streets of the village today. We have been taking some much needed rest...had a great team devotional this morning, dicussing God's purposes for us, then had some time to talk about how our clinics will run logistically. We then spent all morning and early afternoon sorting medicines into small packages to hand out at clinic sites. We've had a good chance to see much of what our team dynamics will be but in a more relaxed environment. On our trip there are 2 doctors, 3 nurses, a retired nurse, 4 students including me, and the mother of our team leader...who is just along to help where she can. The variety of ages (20-75??) and geographical locations in the states (California to Illinois) is really cool. I'm looking forward to knowing them better.

My roomate situation may prove to be interesting...she seems like a nice girl but has been quite stoic since we arrived...perhaps because she isn't feeling well. At any rate..pray for me on that one.

We've been well fed...the travel was quite smooth all things considered...and we've already done a lot of shopping this morning (for THE shoes...) We are happy to be here!!

Pray for us tomorrow as we connect with and worship the church that we are attending and as we prepare for our first clinic day Monday AM.

Love and miss you all...
Morgs

No comments: