Thursday, June 19, 2008

Bon Voyage...


10 minutes or so and we'll be in the car driving...it's time to go to KENYA!

I have very little time, but wanted to pass along a bit of info while I can. I will hopefully be updating my blog a couple of times while I'm there via Internet cafe, and of course catching you up on everything on my return.

I'm a bit nervous this morning about the fact that I'm getting on a plane to go meet a bunch of strangers to do something medically related (I really don't know too many details)in a country I've never been to. This sounded fun 4 months ago...and I'm sure it will be fun in the end...but please pray for me today as I meet my team in Detroit and get to know them on the next three flights.

We will land in Mombasa sometime Mid-afternoon (US time) on Friday...then bus over to the compound where we are staying. Again, please pray for safe travel, smooth entry into the country, and a timely entrance. We are going to need our rest before we can be at all helpful to others!!

While I'm away I'm praying that God is mightily teaching me. Its always hard I think to learn while there are tons of people around...so the solitude of this trip might be exactly what He has in mind to get me alone with him and close to his heart.

Pray for the patients we encounter.
Pray for opportunities to share about our faith.
Pray for a good bond between team members.
Pray for good health for the team.
But most of all, pray that the name of God will be glorified in our work.

Love and will miss you all...
Morgan

No comments: