Sunday, June 08, 2008

midsummer night's eve

ok...so the title is a little nuts...but it was all I could come up with.

It's been so long since I sat down to blog just because I didn't have anything better to do and wanted to clear my head a bit. Actually, I technically haven't unpacked from China yet...so that's definitely something I SHOULD be doing...but lets be honest...it's not high on the priorities list.

The past few days have been a wonderful little re-visit to life in the states. I started working at the hospital again...which was actually quite a good feeling. I also finally got to start playing catch up with everyone in my life. Saw Tina and Esther (absolutely adorable), had shopping/brunch/girlpile with Jill on two different days, grabbed a bike ride and chat with Andrew, had Mexican food with Laura, Heather, and Bethany, and even got to see Sarah Emily at church this morning. Good to be back at home as well...enjoying my larger room, being across the hall from my sis again, and the hugs from behind that TJ keeps giving out at random times. I cherish those hugs from a boy who may well go through a "too cool" stage but has not acheived it yet. He is truely growing up fast...not just in height but in intellect and humor and confidence and compassion. I look forward to getting to know him better this summer.

It has been raining here almost non-stop for the last 4-5 days...our backyard has flooded and receeded and re-flooded 2 times already...and thunderstorms are in the forecast for tomorrow. Many of our close friends are dealing with floods in their basements, and Dad has lent out the shop vac a couple times already. We are praying that the water goes down soon so that the farmers we know can get crops recovered quickly.

I've been anxiously awaiting news of the Kenya trip...tentatively scheduled for a week from Wednesday...ever since I returned from China, but in a series of events that I won't repeat I have not yet made contact with them. I assume this to mean that I am "all clear" but I must admit that even for ME (a generally non detail oriented citizen), the lack of details about this international adventure have me a bit out of sorts. I've been praying much in the last few days that God would calm my heart. I'm doing this because I have felt him calling me to go for a while...but we have spoken plainly that if this is not the right time or trip, He is to barricade me from setting foot on that plane. At this point, the fleece is still out, but I am eagerly awaiting the answer.

Tomorrow will be a fun day...I'm taking senior pictures for one of my sisters friends. I'm quite looking forward to this chance to get out in the open with a camera and try to capture something worth looking at. My sister and my subjects sister are also coming along...so it should be a fun adventure.

Well, I'm off to bed...determined to get a real nights sleep in on this night. The thunderstorms should help... :)

Blessings,
morgs

No comments: