Monday, March 07, 2005

Got Random-ocity?

Hi all...

After nearly 2 weeks without a post I'm shocked that I don't have something urgent to tell you. Then again, maybe it's better that way--there's half a chance of this blog being a length that can be read in one sitting :)

Let's see...I guess the thing that's jumping out to me the most is my time on Sunday morning. After singing in praise team we raced over to a black church downtown. Our history class had an interesting conversation about racism in the church, and one of the black girls in our class invited us to attend her church, so we did. I remember attending joint services with a black church several years ago...they were fun, but it has been a while. I had forgotten the power of their worship and the strength of the music. Almost as soon as the choir started singing I was swept away...the next hour or so was spent "adding to the noise"...unable to hear myself I clapped, stomped, yelled, and sang, content with watching my fellow brothers and sisters in Christ present a united, unpolished, heartfelt offering to God. I love getting some place new, experiencing new traditions and ideas...this church was so alive. The pastor certainly knew his stuff as well...he spoke on letting God have full control over our hearts, a message that I certainly needed to hear. I took more notes on his sermon than I've taken since camp this summer...he was great. I tried hard not to laugh at the end when he appoligized for not getting loud. His heart in the issue certainly spoke loud enough. Halleluiah~

Last week was a challenging one, and I certainly wasn't myself...the stress, lack of sleep, and such like caught up with me I think. But God pulled me through 3 big projects and in little ways I continue to see his faithfulness. It ended with a great movie night with friends Friday...thanks guys. Much needed and even more appreciated.

Illinois lost....sigh, tear (drip....sploosh)

Today I dated a paper 03/04/07. Brain? What's that??

We are painting our youth room and I spent two hours of quality time with a projector and a little circle tracing bubbles of various shapes and sizes on a quarter of our room. I can't wait to see the finished product.

Therein lies the extent of my memory...that and the fact that I wish every day could be as perfect as the weather this weekend. GLORIOUS! Snow in the forcast, but the promise of spring is enough for me. I saw the first new blades of grass on the soccer field today...be encouraged and press on! Love to you all...

No comments: