Monday, January 16, 2006

Things I've done since friday (besides showers, sleep, and talking to myself)

Hey all...here's the story

It was more than a week ago that Dad and TJ left for choir tour in Florida (they spent the day in Disney yesterday...yeah, feel sorry for them), and on Friday afternoon Casey left to go to Snow Trip in WI (ok...now feel sorry for me...). The long and the short of it is that Mom and I are home alone and enjoying some amazingly kicked back time. It's fun to see mom cut loose and totally relax...she needed it! Here's what we did...

-Made puppy chow for the kiddies on Snow trip...yay for bus rides
-Went to see the kiddies off (in the middle of the biggest freezing rain storm I've ever seen)...the usual hour of chaos trying to get the vans loaded and decided how to "fairly" divide up the kids.
-Went to the mall...shopping for Dad's B-day and coffee with Mrs. Bostick and Mrs. Cos
-Got a pizza and watched tons of West Wing...the dog started barking a lot and we got spooked and called the Bosticks to come over...the dog barked more and we called the police. Nothing there...my dog is officially psyco...
-Watched the first Pink Panther...which I had never seen
-Went to lunch with Cheryl and Heather Cos...Heather and I got in a good chat which we rarely get to do...good times
-Started a quilting project for mom...More west wing...more Pink Panther...no more police
-Worked on my application for leadership team for Intervaristy
-More quilting
-More West Wing
-Church
-Work...finally something productive!!

Rumor has it that I might acutally have to start working hard again soon...they keep sending me text books in the mail...alright...I'll take the hint. I'm ready to start thowing myself into it again. I know that it's gonna be a tough semester...I have a very heavy load...but I'm ready for the challenge. A lot of my buddies from school come back today...yay for friends!!

If you're looking ahead and the future is cloudy or daunting, take comfort in Lamentations 3:21-23:

"This I recall to my mind, Therefore I have hope. Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not. They are new every morning; GREAT IS YOUR FAITHFULNESS!!"

Love, Peace, and Blessings to you all...
Me

No comments: