Wednesday, July 13, 2005

wong pants, wong pants, I'm a wong pants man!

Ok...let's see.

Basically my life goes on as normal...I'm working some, although this week is different because I'm taking a class for all of the DMH employees. Kind of a cross between self help books, meditaions, and a motivational speaker...all with a presenter who eerily resembles Josh McDowell. Yeah...wierd. Actually, there is some good truth being said I think...unfortunately I have a hard time deliniating between that and New Age backdrops. And as we learned in bible class this year, evil isn't separate from truth, it is twisted truth. Or as my dad says, evil often comes packaged with truth. This is probably good for me to have to sort through and learn what to accept and what to leave. Very interesting...prayers welcome.

My cousin Gabe was here for two days en route to Florida where he's gonna work at Disney. He is one fun guy, obsessed with Homestarrunner and an amazing sponge for random information. He gave us a tour of washington DC through our pictures...that was fun...and we went running and he had to laugh at the amount of humidity. Albuquerque doesn't have so much of that.

Since Gabe was so much like a bunch of my other friends we had the Faith gang over last night to give him something to do and sat and talked, ate food, played tiddly winks with pistachio kernales....kernels....kernles...those one things...., watched Ryan and Matt try and shoot and catch a pingpong ball with their mouths (grosser than gross), played cards, and watched the Muppets. Oh...and found some new favorite quotes...I realized last night that this too has to do with pants, as so many of our jokes seem to. ("wewh, dat's juss simpwy not twuu!") So much fun! I've missed you guys tremendously. Frisbee next time!

I think that about raps up my week so far...oh, except for I learned the definition of rain which I must share with you....

Rain-
1. water falling to earth in drops larger than .5 mm (0.02 in) that have been condensed from the moisture in the atmosphere

....I'll leave you with only that definition...it's the funniest...please adopt the mental picture of someone in australia standing in the rain with a .02 inch stick measuring drops as they fall. "Nope, that one's not legit...must just be mist..."

3 comments:

Andrew said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Andrew said...

Dude,
So stuff from Pastor Steve's class is already showing up, huh? Interesting.
Gabe's a cool guy. Maybe even cooler than you. Haha, not really. But Jeopardy needs him. Glad I got to meet him.
That whole measuring rain thing is nuts. Illegitimate rain... what's next?!

Morgs said...

no one really knows...which is probably better for general sanity. One thing I do know though...dictionaries are CRAZY!