Thursday, September 29, 2005

perfect...

Today is one of those perfect days. Everything on campus is either blue like the cloudless sky, green like the grass that is not yet dead, or red like all of the brick buildings around campus. Gorgeous! We also have crisp breezes and a ton of sunshine...I'm loving my sweatshirt, and loving fall even more!

I've got choir this afternoon and that's always fun. I've also joined the women's vocal jazz group on campus...we are already making some great sounds (50's cheesy hip hop and "I could wish you" from Guys and Dolls...such tight harmonies, such good music!) ...there are three of these groups this year and we are looking forward to putting on a jazz night and collaborating all three and maybe the jazz band. FUN STUFF...music is awesome because it can be enjoyed and stretched in so many ways. It's kind of amazing really that you can call the racous percussion group we saw during first week and a symphony "music."

The final aspect of perfection in my life recently is that I'm living with Laura Cos this week because her family is in San Fran....It's almost like getting a roommate, only we have a whole house and plenty of food and space to study and/or cause trouble, and no parents to stop us. Yesterday I ended up with a very wet shirt while doing the dishes and we watched a fun movie, tried to help each other come up with vocabulary for our assorted papers and compared notes on psyco teachers....oh, and stayed up way to late. Fun! I've also been getting a daily fix with "diary of a wombat" which she so graciously gave to me. That made me a happy girl. Anyway, tonight we're having a night out and going to Ruby Tuesdays even though we will probably end up paying for it with another late study night. Oh well...might as well live life, right?

And so, somehow, this week jam packed with tests and papers has come to a surpisingly positive light. One test down and not too painful, the papers, although certainly not written are well in hand and finally getting a direction, and despite the looming jam packed weekend I am determined to get things done. The joy of the Lord is powerful indeed...lean hard into him when the going gets tough and use your life as a praise offering!! Wishing you a day that's as close to perfect as we'll get here on earth...peace to you all

No comments: