Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Sometimes college cracks me up....

So I wanted to let you know about all the productive things that are going on in my life, the indescribable knowledge that has been granted to me over the past few weeks...I mean, wow...it's been reallly incredible:

~On Thursday we had a Bio lab on Cricket grooming methods. Basically we got a partner, 5 crickets, a bag of cornstarch, several observation methods, and 2 hours. We were to dust the crickets (and I quote from the lab assignment...) "Shake and bake style" and watch them clean themselves, recording the data in various ways. At one point I took a moment to relieve my cramped neck while my less than cooperative cricket groomed it's left antennae for the fifth time and I was reduced to a fit of laughter after seeing 6 pairs of eager college freshmen crouched around a plastic cage, armed with pencils and stop watches, and observing some very white and disgruntled crickets. It was quite a show.

~Chem is throwing me for a loop, and today in class we spent a good 10 minutes arguing in small groups about whether a percent of ionization of a compound was the entire percent of all the molecules or only the percent of each individual atom. And the funny thing is that I understood it about as well as you just did.

~In vocal jazz we are learning the ins and outs of "shooby do-oping"...yes, there acutally is a style that has to be followed for that crazy 50's music that sounds like all the singers have amnesia and can't remember the words! :)

~Our Seminar class is in the middle of a big group project in which we are planning an activity night for 3-5 year olds at the Children's Museum. This involves everything from reading crazy stories to playing with playdough and koolaid. The theme is colors, and its gonna be a blast. We also get class credit for helping with the "Booseum" near halloween. I love little kids!!

~On Monday we went to see the fireworks at the opening ceremony for Homecoming. No wonder our student activities fee is so much...it was an awesome show! It was hillarious hearing all the kids react to them, such as the girl standing behind us who yelled out "purple!!" every time she saw that color. Got to love the academic excellence here.

~Friday night there was a huge bonfire at a guy's house who goes to Intervarsity. It was classic, and hardly altered at all from any bonfire I've been to since I was in high school. We sang Veggie tales on the hay rack ride, the boys played with the fire (and one got a hole burnt in his shoe), we threatened to play cubby bunnies but never got around to it, we went and laid in a ditch along a country road and looked for shooting stars, we got scared coming back in the dark and I somehow ended up in a hole in the ground. Good times...I guess the lesson there is don't go walking in the dark in the country. :)

~Today I met a random stranger on the pathway on my way to class and he said hi and I asked how his day was. He told me he was tired, but that that was a prerequisite for a day of college....ah....I tend to agree. The other night I got out of the shower and did not discover until I was partially dressed that I still had shampoo in my hair. Perhaps I need to sign up for napping 101 before next sememster fills up...

Sorry for the complete lack of organization...love you all and can't wait to see those of you who decide to come home in the near future! Oh, and for those of you who leave comments (yes, all two of you...) sorry for the word verification, but these spam comments are getting rediculous...so you get to do more work rather than me get excited that someone loves me only to find out that "iheartyou" has a new online dating service. Hope you don't mind

Blessings~

3 comments:

Chris said...

hey cowgirl. this has nothing to do with your blog, but i thought i'd say hi and that i hope your tests go well. thanks for the comment about me fitting into the rich, snobby athlete group. i appreciated it. you are awesome. later.

Mary said...

AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!

Morgs said...

dude...more than two people DO read this blog!! Yessssss....

Matt...way to be honest, and way to have super short entries...I have yet to master that skill

Chris...thanks for your prayers and let me know if you need any help with getting the snobby part :)

Mary...my thoughts exactly

Ryan...don't rush it bud...you'll get there eventually! ...yeah, and Casey makes a hot chick indian!

Casey...don't worry about me leaving my dedicated post...as pepe would say, "oh, she'll be back..." :)

love ya all...thanks for reading!