Wednesday, January 19, 2005

No Amnesia Please!

So much to say, so little space on my blog! Yet another awesome time at snow trip...had a great time hanging out with people...some of whom it feels like I only see about once a year. I played more games of spades games than I think I've ever played...although without Tina I had a hard time playing telepathically...no one else is that good dearest...way to be! Matt and I put away Mike and Alan...that definitely made my life worth living!

Skiing was great...COLD but great. I wore my penguin hat the whole time and got some of the best looks ever. Surprised snowboarders have some classic facial expressions. We also enjoyed tubing...6 tube trains with two people per tube are a blast. We tubed down a huge hill, over a road, and onto a lake which was solid ice. SO FUN!! We also wrestled on the ice as usual, which was good. The injured list is as follows:

-2 ice dives from tubing...cuts across the bridge of the noses and chins...very brave looking ladies!
- 1 spread-eagle back flop off of the ramp on the trick course during skiing...brilliant Cos! Sore back but walking :)
-1 neck/back clothes-lined by snow fence at full speed at the bottom of a hill...Beth, sorry to laugh, but once we knew you were going to live that really was funny!! :)
-1 sprained ankle for yours truely...it is so pretty(purple and green)...and so worth it!!
-more bumps, bruises, and frostbitten fingers than we can count, but what else is new??
-0 concussions!! Thanks Lord!

We froze to the floor in the morning, drank coffee lots, and enjoyed the sweet fellowship. The lip sync contest was hysterical...Casey and I sang the "Sisters" song from White Christmas and the Costerisan boys acted it out and pretended to sing. Loosening up those Cos hips to look like show business girls was a challenge, but SO fun in the end! :) I also finally saw Napoleon Dynamite, which has been quoted non-stop at my school for the past 6 weeks. Good to know what is finally going on. General consensis: "Stupid Idiot!! ....GOSH!"

Good sessions, and great devotions about living in an alternate reality...the same one our savior lived in, and the one that probably made him look like he was insane. Time to bust out of the norm y'all...we've got some people to help and a whole lot of the devil's lies to uncover! Painful but sweet time with the gang as well when they played "Come to Jesus" ("untitled hymn" by Chris Rice) for an invitation. It had been a long time since we'd been together in a service like that to hear that song...almost a year and a half. Hearing the precious words and people around us crying brought back a rush of memories, pain, and resolutions that we all made when our Father called Jared home. God knew what he was doing...I wanted so badly for a fire to be lit in me again, and this did it. Lord, don't let me forget!!

That's the prayer we all have during re-entry...Lord, stay with me and keep me aware of how you are working in me...no amnesia for me please!

No comments: